a) Access to information about deafness.
b) Access to services (e.g. educational, medical, auditory rehabilitation, assessment services).
c) How to cope with the effects of the emotional and social effects of deafness.
d) How to communicate with own deaf child.
e) How to help a deaf child to grow up normally like any other child.
MODE OF COMMUNICATION USED BY THE DEAF.
- Body Language e.g. Head movement, Gestures, Body posture etc
- Natural Signs e.g. Fat, Drink, Cut etc
- Writing and Reading e.g. 2 people exchanging writing papers.
- Speech supported with Signs
- Signs supported with speech
- Simultaneous Communication
- Kenya Sign Language